Coordinator, Sports Communications
ShowtimeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The function of the Coordinator position is to provide administrative support for the Senior Vice President of Sports Communications and to assist with the flow of accurate and vital information for Sports and Event Programming department and throughout the company. The position will also provide support on publicity projects as assigned.
Come join our growing team!
• Administrative duties in support of Senior Vice President, Sports Communications including handling high volume calendar, coordinating travel arrangements, deliveries, routing and filing invoices, completing and submitting monthly travel and expense reports, and facilitating the flow of accurate, timely information to news media, key partners for each program or event, on-air talent, producers and executives both internally and externally.
• Review daily news coverage of Showtime Sports and related coverage.
• Scan internet and influential social media ''voices'' (news media, athletes, celebrities) for Showtime Sports related references.
• Responsible for distributing relevant stories to key members of the company and sports production team.
• Assist at special events, live boxing events, documentary screenings, etc.
• Support in assembling submissions for and ticketing to annual awards programs including Sports Emmy Awards, Cynopsis Sports Awards, BWAA Awards and more.
• Occasionally write press materials and photo captions, pitch specialty press, and write and distribute media alerts.
• Knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and basic database skills
• A minimum of Bachelors degree and two to three years of work experience in an office environment with administrative and/or relevant responsibilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced department
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to changing situations
• Polite and professional manner
• Working knowledge or genuine curiosity about journalism and rapidly changing news media industry
• Ability to prioritize and deal with different personalities
• Excellent knowledge of the internet and social media sites