Coordinator, Public Relations
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The function of our Coordinator is to provide support across the entertainment publicity team, mainly focusing on docu-series and features. Responsibilities include but are not limited to compiling daily clips and show clip packets, maintaining press lists, tracking all publicity materials and assets for premiere, helping form publicity strategies and executing the ideas, building talent itineraries, overseeing print requests and traffic for screenings and festivals, and tracking competitive landscape.
Support the unscripted titles which will include:
• Compile daily press clippings and manage series/films clip packets to route to executives and producers
• Collect press materials like synopsis, photos, credits, production notes, one sheets and talking points for all series/films for the launch of the project
• Support publicity campaigns for documentary series/films, contributing to brainstorms, strategy planning, research, pitching and press outreach
• Manage series/films status reports
• Manage talent travel and itineraries for press days, festivals, premieres, etc.
• Research, build and maintain specialized press lists
• Work with the Director of Operations and Programming Coordinator to track cuts of project for various press and screening needs
• Pull broadcast clips and work with Legal and producers to track through R&C process
• Assist in festival submissions, tracking, timelines and materials for all projects with a festival run, and planning press days and travel around festival bookings
• Track competitive landscape for docu-series, features, festivals, and awards
• Assist at screenings, TCA or special events as directed
• Field general press and vendor calls and route to the appropriate party
• Other duties and project-based assignments, as needed
Support the scripted titles which will include:
• Compile daily press clippings and manage show/film clip packets to route to executives and producers
• Collect press materials like synopsis, photos, credits and production notes for the launch of the project
• Build and maintain press lists
• Assist at department screenings, TCA or special events
• Bachelor's degree preferred with concentration in Communications, Media or other related field a plus.
• Preferably 2 -3 years of previous experience in publicity at a network, streaming platform, studio or agency.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and basic database skills
• A self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot
• Requires good judgement, and ability to prioritize and be resourceful
• Polite and professional manner, exercising patience and diplomacy
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented department
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and to adapt to changing situations, and to think ahead to meet the needs of a dynamic team environment.
• Excellent knowledge of the internet and social media sites
• Interest in documentary films and series
• Experience working on documentary films a plus.