ShowtimeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2021 6:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Art Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Art Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Art Director?
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
Are you passionate about entertainment, design, pop-culture and the arts? Have you ever dreamed of living in a Wes Anderson film? Showtime is seeking a dynamic, passionate, and wildly creative art director to join our design team. The right candidate will bring an upbeat spirit, a bias toward innovation, a highly sophisticated design sensibility, a desire for creative risk taking and a dedication to doing the best work of their lives.
The art director will build indelible visual campaigns for our series, films, documentaries, sports and the Showtime brand itself. Working closely with creative partners, the art director will help set the visual tone for how consumers perceive our content wherever they experience it.
This individual will participate in the evolution of 360 multidisciplinary campaigns, with the primary job responsibility being the crafting and direction of an array of video and digital assets for use in broadcast, out of home and digital/social tactics. The role requires a thoughtful leader eager to inspire multidisciplinary creative teams in a collaborative, studio. That said, this is also a highly hands-on role suited for someone who isn't afraid to dig into all aspects of production, including art direction, design, animation and project management.
Support the continued expansion of the creative and technical potential of the design studio.
Evolve and maintain the visual brand language of the network and network programming.
Drive new and better ways to collaborate within the studio and across teams.
• Manage the design process from initial strategy and research through final production details.
• Develop flexible visual identity systems including style guides and toolkits, to be used across multiple platforms.
• Manage teams to deliver projects that are extraordinary creatively and impeccable technically.
• Collaborate with in-house partners including: Advertising, Marketing and Print to build campaigns that align across platforms and tactics.
• Exceptional conceptual skills and sound strategic instincts
• Advanced skill in graphic design, photography and typography
• Calm and respectful leadership skills
• Experience directing 2D and 3D animation, live action and still photography
• Experience directing color grading
• Knowledge of digital and social methodologies
• Articulate written and verbal communication skills, being executive facing
• Agility and responsiveness to deadlines
• Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or closely related field
• Minimum 6 years of design and brand experience