Paid Intern - Marketing
Shout! FactoryLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
Beloved by fans and filmmakers, Shout! Factory is a unique producer and distributor of independent film, classic and contemporary TV, music, animation, and comedy. The founders pioneered the careful curation and marketing of pop culture music with their first company, Rhino Records. They brought the same passion for quality content to the video space when founding Shout! Factory in 2003, and today we are a company of over 80 dedicated employees who love to bring to the public the film and TV content they love themselves - comedy, horror, animation, nostalgia and fan favorites, delivered thru theatrical release, digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television and DVD.
We are searching for a Marketing & Advertising Intern to join our team remotely and in our West Los Angeles office. This opportunity will provide the right candidate a hands-on learning experience. The internship will focus on everything from marketing kids & family product to horror, anime, film, TV, theatrical and digital offerings. The successful candidate possesses a strong interest in general marketing and advertising, plus strong written skills, and is proactive, organized, adept at multi-tasking, and can work independently. This is a paid, part-time position lasting three months, with a set 2-day weekly commitment. Cover letter required for consideration.
- Review and analyze active and past ad campaigns.
- Manage various Excel documents; must understand how to enter data into Excel, move data around (filter), and add and delete columns/rows without errors.
- Extensive research, including sales pitch materials, social media talent handles, comparable products and more.
- Assist with convention prep work, including counting inventory and other tasks as required.
- Additional administrative and marketing projects as needed.
- Strong writing skills, specifically for marketing.
- Excellent verbal communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. An interest in and the desire to learn more about the science of advertising.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others as well as independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong online research skills.
- Familiarity and understanding of social media channels, specifically Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and ability to write copy specific to each channel.
- An interest and appreciation for entertainment and pop culture is preferred.
- An interest in anime & Kids/Family entertainment is a bonus.
- A major in Marketing preferred.?
$16.04 per hour plus accrued sick time.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online