Trending News Writer
She MediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2021 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Trending News Writer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Trending News Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Trending News Writer?
Full Time Job
Sheknows.Com: Trending News Writer
SheKnows.com: Trending News Writer
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
SheKnows.com is hiring a trending news writer to join our New York-based editorial team. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of the digital women's lifestyle space and a demonstrated ability to quickly produce engaging, high-quality, news-driven content that speaks to an audience of moms over 30.
The trending news writer will write 5-6 posts a day across our core categories, including entertainment, parenting, health, food and living. Excellent writing skills and a talent for sniffing out stories and identifying angles that align with our brand and voice is critical, as is the ability to address any person and subject with good judgment and sensitivity to our audience. Experience writing shopping content and creating affiliate links is a plus.
• Pitch and write 5 to 6 trending news stories per day, working directly with SheKnows' vertical editors
• Stay up-to-the-minute on breaking entertainment and lifestyle news, and come up with original story ideas based on them
• Cover all major awards shows and entertainment events
• Understand the competitive landscape and use SEO and analytics to inform content creation and reach traffic goals
• 2-3 years editorial experience at a major digital media company
• A deep understanding of the women's entertainment and lifestyle space
• A strong eye for visuals (staff writers are responsible for sourcing story art)
• A generalist sensibility and proven experience producing quality content across a variety of subjects
• Exceptional skills in writing, editing, and packaging stories that are clicky and conversational, yet informative and accurate
• Well-versed in digital strategy, analytics and SEO
• A proven ability to perform under high-pressure conditions
• An understanding of the nuts and bolts of good journalism practices (i.e. fact-checking and copy-editing basics, correct sourcing methods, etc.)
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it's parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.