Shemedia Temporary Weekend Trending News Writer
She MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SheMedia: Temporary Weekend Trending News Writer
SheKnows.com is hiring a Temporary Weekend Trending News Writer. This contract role will have ownership of SheKnows' weekend coverage and will self-select, write, and publish news and viral stories in the celebrity, parenting, food & lifestyle spaces that resonate with an audience of moms and women in general. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a positive attitude who thrives under tight deadlines and has a demonstrated ability to quickly produce engaging, SEO-optimized, high-quality news content. He/she should be a pop culture- and news-obsessed critical thinker who's up-to-date on the latest celebrity parents, royal-family happenings, Ina Garten recipes, and cult-favorite products on sale at Amazon - and be able to report on any of those with wit and an original point of view.
The Weekend Trending News Writer will be responsible for writing roughly 6 news posts a day, as well as assisting in covering major awards shows as necessary. A talent for sniffing out stories and identifying unique angles that align with our parenting-focused, pro-women brand and voice is critical. Experience self-editing and self-publishing news stories is a plus.
• Self-assign, write, and publish 7 trending news stories per day - with a focus on entertainment and lifestyle - on a Saturday-Sunday schedule
• Post weekend trending news and evergreen stories on SheKnows' social platforms
• Provide real-time coverage of all major awards shows
• Use SEO and analytics to inform content creation
The Fine Print:
• At least 2 years of editorial experience at a major digital media company
• The ability to react to trending news quickly and report stories in a way that feels original, on-brand and tailored to our audience
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent copyediting skills - you're detail-oriented!
• Familiar with SEO and analytics best practices
• Performs under high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and works well both independently and collaboratively
• An obsession with celebrity, parenting, food & entertainment news
• Strong interest in social media and audience development
• Basic photo-editing skills in Photoshop
• Ability to mine Google Trends for story ideas
About SHE Media:
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and 350 million-plus social media fans and followers. Our mission is to validate women's voices and leadership as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the leading source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profit. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, STYLECASTER, and #BlogHer, which hosts the world's leading events for female content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: The #Femvertising Awards, which honors the best pro-female advertising each year; Hatch, a resource for parents featuring kid-generated content; The Pitch, a live event series for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best in lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism. SHE Media's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and Information Services Company founded in 2003.