Partner Development Associate Manager
She MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SHE Media: Partner Development Associate Manager
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
SHE Media is seeking a highly motivated Partner Development Associate Manager to join our dynamic, committed and deeply entrepreneurial SHE Media Partner Network team. In this highly visible role, the Partner Development Associate Manager will be responsible for prospecting, recruiting, and providing ongoing value to independent bloggers, ''influencers'' and premium publishers. We will refer to this mix of talent as ''Creators''* for the purpose of this job specification.
As a member of the SHE Media Partner Network team, she/he will report to the SVP of Partner Network, collaborate closely with the Partner Development Managers and the Manager of Partner Success. The role will also collaborate closely with the BlogHer team on Creator recruitment and engagement.
The ideal candidate will be driven, self-motivated, collaborative, and passionate about building women-led businesses and independent publishers. The candidate should have a firm understanding of the digital media space, including advertising, editorial optimization, and influencer marketing. She/he must have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with all types of Creators. The Partner Development Associate Manager will be responsible for identifying and recruiting top-notch talent based on the needs of the business as stipulated by the SVP. He/She will also be responsible for developing ongoing strategies and scalable products and programs to deliver value to Network Partners. Value to Partner may include editorial coverage, brand-building, incremental earning opportunities, network-building and mentorship.
Additionally, the Partner Development Associate Manager will represent and recruit for the Partner Network by way of outward-facing communications. He/She will develop strategies to reach potential Creators via social platforms, including LinkedIn. Likewise, will market the SHE Media Network brand as a b:b brand, building upon the SHE Media corporate relationships and social accounts plus PR opportunities. This will include identifying opportunities to collaborate with like-minded organizations to deliver exposure to the Partner Network.
• Proactively prospect independent Publishers/Creators based on targets provided by the SVP to join the Network as ''Partners''
• Structure, lead and close agreements / contracts with Creators to become Partners
• Accurately project pipeline of Creators to join Network
• Market the Creators within the Partner Network and provide programs to highlight Creators' unique value and differentiation to both clients and PR
• Own the ''Partner Request'' process to pitch and recruit relevant partners for Client Direct campaigns (to Influencers, IM & Sales) via collab with SMPN team
• Develop PR visibility for key Creators via speaking engagements, case studies, and event participation.
• Maintain and grow Client direct marketing for key Creators via MMP and premium communities within the Network
• Work closely with BlogHer team to continually integrate PN calls-to-action into site content, event marketing, and event platform, with measurable results.
• Establish strong ties to O&O Editorial ( BH) to craft marketable messaging out of our core mission-driven content.
• Present and refine the ongoing value proposition to Partners beyond the monetization of their media. Such value could include:
• Brand exposure
• Incremental marketing opportunities
• Brand collaborations
• Community events
• Mentorship/ educational forums
• Audience development (with direction from Manager Partner Success)
• Ability to provide consistent partner service to MVP's within the Network
• SVP to develop profile to identify MVP's
• B:B Marketing: Market the SMPN value proposition across digital channels to Creators, advertisers and industry
• This role will be accountable to managing social accounts for BlogHer and SHE Media, with focus on building the B:B brands for Partners and advertisers.
• This role will work with industry partners to market the SHE Media value proposition through PR and marketing partnerships (IAB, Ad Council, Mission-aligned partners)
• Minimum of 2-3 years in business development, working with publishers, bloggers and/or social influencers.
• 2-3 years in partner, client, account service
• Proven ability and track record in developing and nurturing Creator relationships
• Strong knowledge of digital publishing and advertising industry
• Ability to turn strategic direction into autonomous action
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
• Ability to create content via digital and social communication platforms
The term ''Creator'' refers to a content publisher who produces high quality, original content for an audience of, primarily, women ages 18- next life. She/he/they must have a loyal following, proper sourcing and compliance with all local, state and federal laws and a voice/brand that aligns with the SHE Media mission of equity and inclusion.
About SHE Media
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and 350 million-plus social media fans and followers. Our mission is to validate women's voices and leadership as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the leading source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profit. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, STYLECASTER, and #BlogHer, which hosts the world's leading events for female content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: The #Femvertising Awards, which honors the best pro-female advertising each year; Hatch, a resource for parents featuring kid-generated content; The Pitch, a live event series for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best in lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism.