She MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
SHE Media: Parenting Writer
SheKnows.com is hiring a Parenting Writer who will join our team in New York, working closely with the Parenting Editor to lead our coverage of viral parenting news news that resonates with an audience of moms and women in general. The ideal candidate should thrive under tight deadlines and have a demonstrated ability to quickly produce engaging, high-quality parenting news as well as feature content. He/she should be well-versed in everything from the latest celebrity family news to baby name trends, and be able to comment on any of those with an original point of view.
The Parenting Writer will be responsible for writing 4-7 news posts a day, as well as features. A talent for sniffing out stories and identifying unique angles that align with our parenting-focused, pro-women brand and voice is critical.
• Pitch and write 4 to 7 parenting news stories a day
• Pitch and write parenting features
• Use SEO and analytics to inform content creation and help ensure Parenting vertical meets monthly traffic goals
• Represent SheKnows at events when appropriate
• Create and develop stories and features about and for parents of all cultural backgrounds
The Fine Print:
• 2-3 years editorial experience at a major digital media company
• The ability to react to trending news quickly and package stories in a way that feels original, on-brand, and tailored to our audience
• Well-versed in digital strategy, analytics, and SEO
• Performs under high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and works well both independently and collaboratively
• An obsession with parenting and celebrity news
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About SHE Media
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and 350 million-plus social media fans and followers. Our mission is to validate women's voices and leadership as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the leading source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profit. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, STYLECASTER, and #BlogHer, which hosts the world's leading events for female content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: The #Femvertising Awards, which honors the best pro-female advertising each year; Hatch, a resource for parents featuring kid-generated content; The Pitch, a live event series for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best in lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism.