She MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SheKnows.com: Parenting Editor
SheKnows.com Media is looking for an experienced editor to join our team in New York, overseeing all parenting coverage on SheKnows.com. This person will be responsible for writing and editing trending news, original features, service pieces, and personal essays on topics ranging from celebrity parents to baby names, baby & kids gear to motherhood.
This role requires a self-starter who has a finger on the pulse of parenting trends, can interview everyone from a child psychologist to a celebrity parent, and write a quick trending news piece on a celebrity baby name. The ideal candidate should have a healthy roster of connections in the parenting space, experience assigning to and editing freelance writers, superb organizational and communication skills, and a passion for creating original, engaging content that resonates with our audience of moms and women in general.
• Own all aspects of the Parenting channel on SheKnows.com
• Plan and assign coverage based on quantitative and qualitative KPIs, specifically traffic goals and brand development goals
• Write or assign and edit approximately 5-6 stories a day (a mix of scheduled features and timely news posts)
• Supervise Parenting writer
• Manage the Parenting calendar, budget, feature pitches and daily workflow
• Attend events and conduct in-person interviews on behalf of SheKnows
• Monitor traffic and strategize/pivot accordingly to meet aggressive performance goals
• Help drive the larger vision for the Parenting vertical and develop a strong voice and identity for the brand
• Collaborate with art/design, social, video, branded content and other departments
• Min. 3-5 years' experience producing high-performing, high-quality health & wellness content at a major publication
• The ability to react to trending news and a talent for developing unique story angles and headlines that are clicky, engaging, and tailored to our audience
• A deep understanding of digital strategy, analytics and SEO
• A network of exceptional writers and a strong roster of industry contacts
• Experience with developing the skills of contributors, including freelance writers and junior staff editors
• An ability to thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Knowledgeable in Google Analytics, Omnilytics, Looker, Google Trends, Asana, Newswhip, and Crowdtangle
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it's parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.