She MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
STYLECASTER: Freelance Temp Graphic Designer
SHE Media is hiring a full-time Graphic Designer to join STYLECASTER’s editorial team. The ideal candidate is a creative, digital-obsessed designer excited to spearhead the aesthetics for a modern lifestyle website that reaches over 12 million readers a month. STYLECASTER covers everything from celebrity entertainment and fashion to sex, and the designer should be adept at visual storytelling across categories. We’re committed to inclusivity and diversity in design, and looking for a thoughtful, reader-driven designer to translate our ethos into eye-catching designs.
You will thrive in this role if you’re self-motivated, effective at juggling multiple stages of design through the editorial process, and capable of adhering to deadlines. The Graphic Designer will report to the Editor-in-Chief, but will liaise with all editors on a daily basis. They will be expected to collaborate with other brand designers as needed/desired.
The Fine Print
• Create designed images for five to twelve STYLECASTER stories a day, working with vertical editors, using stock imagery as well as creating custom illustrations
• Oversee the design & general aesthetic of the STYLECASTER brand & ensure all images/graphic elements cohesively represent our style
• Design monthly digital issues using CEROS with features like video and animation, attend photo shoots to supervise visuals and design celebrity covers
• Work with Branded Content team on images/graphics/social assets for branded content campaigns as necessary
• Create graphic templates & assets for STYLECASTER social platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram and TikTok
• Design tentpole banners and newsletter/email blasts with light HTML inputs
• A discerning eye for the lifestyle space, including beauty, fashion, décor, food, celebrity and entertainment trends is appreciated
• E-commerce and writing experience is a plus, but not required
About SHE Media:
Created by, and for women, SHE Media is a mission-driven media company reaching 80 million unique visitors per month. SHE Media publishes inspiring and informative lifestyle content ranging from health, career and entertainment to food and family. Through our flagship editorial sites and our proprietary SHE Media Partner Network of hand-picked publishers and top lifestyle creators, we produce digital and live media content that connects and inspires millions of people.
SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties and a network of premium publishers and independent content creators. In addition to our flagship editorial sites, SheKnows, STYLECASTER and Soaps.com, SHE Media’s BlogHer is home to the world’s leading content and event platform with a mission to provide economic empowerment for all women. The SHE Media Partner Network represents a community of 1,500 independent publishers and 20,000 social content creators, providing the foundation for a scalable, sustainable economic model for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: Hatch, an award-winning video series featuring Gen Z-generated content; and BlogHer’s Voices of the Year, honoring powerful, culture-shifting women across industries. As part of Penske Media Corporation (PMC), SHE Media is based in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Scottsdale. Follow SHE Media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.