She MediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2022 1:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Entertainment Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Entertainment Editor postings
Full Time Job
SHE Media is looking for an entertainment editor to join our team in New York, overseeing all entertainment and culture coverage on SheKnows.com. This person will be responsible for publishing a high volume of daily news posts and features, managing a stable of quality contributors, and securing timely, exclusive access to talent.
The ideal candidate should have a healthy roster of connections in the entertainment space, experience supervising writers and junior editors, superb organizational and communication skills, and a passion for creating original, engaging celebrity, entertainment and culture content that resonates with an audience of moms and women in general. Success in this role requires deep knowledge of and enthusiasm for everything from Kate Middleton and Bennifer to new female-focused movies and TV shows, breaking pop culture and political news, or the latest Twitter trends. A passion for our parenting-focused, pro-women brand and voice is critical.
• Own all aspects of the entertainment category on SheKnows.com, including celebrity, movies & TV, books & music, and culture content
• Help drive the larger vision for the entertainment vertical and develop a strong voice and identity for the brand
• Help the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor continue to grow the SheKnows brand and audience by continuously bringing new ideas for brand and audience development to the table
• Work with Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor to develop yearly entertainment editorial calendar, brainstorming new tentpoles, feature concepts, digital issues, and more
• Manage monthly entertainment calendar of feature pitches, refreshes, new movie/TV/book releases; manage monthly budget
• Assign daily workflow of trending news
• Use SEO and analytics to strategize & meet traffic goals
• Oversee coverage of awards shows and major entertainment news moments
• Source & conduct in-person & virtual celebrity interviews; maintain relationships with publicists and PR firms
• Work to expand SK’s roster of freelance writers with an emphasis on diverse voices
• Manage, train, & develop junior staff and entertainment freelancers
• Collaborate with social media editor, graphic designers, video team, and e-commerce team
• At least 3-4 years’ experience producing high-performing, high-quality entertainment content at a major publication
• An obsession with celebrity and entertainment news
• The ability to react to trending news quickly and package stories in a way that feels original, on-brand and tailored to our audience
• A deep understanding of digital strategy, analytics, and SEO, and a mastery of crafting unique angles without resorting to clickbait
• A network of exceptional writers and a strong roster of industry contacts
• Experience with developing the skills of contributors, including freelance writers and junior staff editors
• An ability to thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and work both independently and collaboratively
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About SHE Media: We Are SHE Media
As a top 10 lifestyle media network reaching over 80M monthly visitors, SHE Media focuses on the power of content to move our culture forward through the celebration of passion and purpose.
We believe that media companies can and should be a force for good in the world. Ranging from food and family to health, career and entertainment, our rich collection of content is curated from thousands of diverse sources. Comprised of a community of creators and hand-picked publishers within the SHE Media Partner Network and the flagship brands, SheKnows, BlogHer, STYLECASTER and Soaps, we produce digital and live media content that connects and inspires millions.
SHE Media’s BlogHer is home to the leading content and live media event platform for women entrepreneurs and creators. With a mission to provide economic empowerment to all women, the SHE Media Partner Network represents a community of 5K curated independent publishers and social content creators, providing the foundation for a scalable, sustainable economic model for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: SheKnows Hatch, an award-winning video series featuring Gen Z-generated content; and BlogHer's Voices of the Year, honoring powerful, culture-shifting women across industries. Part of Penske Media Corporation (PMC), SHE Media is based in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, and Chicago. Follow SHE Media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About Penske Media Corporation
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.