Editor, Videographer & Producer
She MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SHE Media is hiring an Editor/Videographer and Producer. The Editor/Videographer/Producer is responsible for filming, editing and producing SHE Media video content across multiple brands and working with the Vice President of Video and the video team in video production and delivery.
• Help creatively concept, prep, shoot, and edit short-form video projects under the SHE Media umbrella for multiple brands and departments.
• Work with talent on set and in the field. Work with and without a producer on set.
• Manage internal studio maintenance and equipment/production gear.
• Work closely with the VP of Video and video team to coordinate production, post-production, and editing timelines.
• Work closely with the pre-production team in achieving video goals.
• Strong understanding of exporting, transcoding, and converting video files.
• Adapt to pre-production direction and notes quickly and efficiently.
• Become familiar with SHE Media video publishing & analytics platforms.
• Assist with the ideation of branded video content.
• Create social media videos for all SHE Media properties: SheKnows.com, Stylecaster, Flow, Soaps, etc.
• Help manage video library uploading on multiple platforms.
• Assist with pre-production, production, and post-production process for branded content.
The Fine Print
• 3-5 years of shooting/editing experience with relevant reels to showcase.
• Quick, efficient editing skills – for long and short-form video.
• Strong videographer with shooting experience, lighting in the studio, and documentary-style shooting in the field.
• Highly creative and skilled in storytelling through video.
• Skilled in producing social media videos, short snackable 1-minute videos.
• Experience shooting stop motion video, color correcting, balancing audio, and working with music, timing, and pacing.
• Possess expert knowledge of production equipment (including audio) and camera operation skills.
• Experience creating how-to videos and branded videos.
• Knowledge of YouTube platform management and SEO optimization.
• Experience creating all forms of social videos: Instagram, YT shorts, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
• Must be able to multi-task and work on strict deadlines.
• Manage production budget and equipment assets.
• Assist in scriptwriting and creation of production outlines and call sheets.
• Field produce may include conducting interviews, grip work, equipment transport, and prop coordination.
• Expert in Adobe Premiere and proficiency in Adobe After Effects.
• Ability to collaborate creatively with other video team members.
Typical wage range: $70k - $85k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you
About SHE Media:
SHE Media is a mission-driven media company created by and for women reaching 80 million unique visitors per month (ComScore, January 2021). SHE Media publishes inspiring and informative lifestyle content ranging from food and family to health, career and entertainment. Our content is curated from thousands of diverse sources, creating a living tapestry of the joy, the messy and the magical moments that embody our lives. Through our flagship editorial sites and our proprietary SHE Media Partner Network of hand-picked publishers and top lifestyle creators, we produce digital and live media content that connects and inspires millions of people.
SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties and a network of premium publishers and independent content creators. In addition to our flagship editorial sites, SheKnows, STYLECASTER and Soaps.com, SHE Media’s BlogHer is home to the world’s leading content and event platform with a mission to provide economic empowerment for all women. The SHE Media Partner Network represents a community of 1,500 independent publishers and 20,000 social content creators, providing the foundation for a scalable, sustainable economic model for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: Hatch, an award-winning video series featuring Gen Z-generated content; and BlogHer’s Voices of the Year, honoring powerful, culture-shifting women across industries. As part of Penske Media Corporation (PMC), SHE Media is based in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Scottsdale. Follow SHE Media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of over 300 million globally. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands. PMC is committed to fostering a working environment that is inclusive, diverse, and responsible. We value a work culture built on all backgrounds, voices, and experiences. Our greatest wins have stemmed from collaboration, teamwork, and information sharing across our company and brands. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. For more information on the company, please visit www.PMC.com