Catalog Licensing Manager
Seven Seas MusicRemote, US
Full Time Job
Seven Seas Music is a respected, independent international music catalog of over 20,000 tracks representing labels and artists from around the world. We are seeking a bright person to monetize our catalog via synchronization licensing in the travel, hospitality, gaming, brands, arts markets. Our content is not production music quality but real music by real recording artists around the world. Company promotes cultural authenticity in audio-visual media and its goal is to bring competitive prices to a less visible but coveted category of licensable music.
The applicant is expected to contribute to the growth and expansion of the company, maximize its revenue, and work to build new relationships with customers in the synchronization space.
- A self-starter with a minimum 3 years of experience in music placement in the US
- Proven track record of sales and the ability to hit targets
- Experience and a history of negotiating and securing blanket licenses
- Experience pitching, quoting, negotiating, and securing needle drop licenses for commercial artists
Must have a strong client base, a great reputation, and strong relationships with music supervisors and editors, studios, film companies, advertising agencies, trailer companies, as well as related brands and tech companies.
- Ability to create pitch reports and updates on various markets
- Familiar with search engines such as DISCO, SourceAudio, etc., and can create accurate playlists based on creative briefs
- Has a comprehensive understanding of musical copyrights and music publishing
- Experience with a CRM
Key responsibilities include:
• Actively pitch music from catalog
• Actively promote & market the catalog.
• Actively seek out new business, new clients and new opportunities.
• Communicating and reaching out to clients on a daily basis.
• Prioritizing and accurately responding to client requests and briefs.
• Meeting concrete sales goals, and working with an established team
• High level of industry knowledge and understanding with regards to rights clearance.
Enjoys networking and strives to build new relationships
Salary based on experience. Equity as option as well.
Seven Seas Music's mission is to swiftly deliver the most authentic, diverse and highest quality international music to our customers, and to support the creative work and cultural diversity of our represented artists by providing income via the legal exploitation of their music. We aim to maintain the highest respect for the artists' cultural background by representing their music accurately, and to command healthy market value prices of our content for the growth of the business and welfare of our artists.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online