Social Media Associate
Seattle MarinersSeattle, WA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2022 3:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Social Media Associate jobs in Seattle-WA
Search all Social Media Associate postings
Full Time Job
Job Title: Social Media Associate
Reports To: Coordinator, Social Media
Status: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
**This is a part-time, seasonal position during the 2022 regular season (March-October) requiring 40 hours of work per week**
Help us take our game to the next level.
Bring your voice to the Mariners digital space through TikTok, video editing, motion graphics, written word, art of the meme and more.
We are looking to add a creative individual to join our Social Media team for the 2022 season. Candidates must have a deep and detailed knowledge of baseball and the Seattle Mariners, and a keen editorial sense. Experience with TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube is required. A strong handle of grammar, punctuation and brand voice is also a necessity. Attention to detail is a must. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere and Photoshop is preferred.
This is a part-time, seasonal position during the 2022 regular season (March-October) requiring 40 hours of work per week. This position will play a crucial role in the team's content across all social platforms and accounts. This role is extremely collaborative, working daily in a team setting. Candidates are required to be flexible; working when the games are being played, including nights and weekends.
Primary Objective: Responsible for assisting with execution of Club's social media strategy and content creation, in coordination with the social media team in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, increase sales and meet business objectives. Will collaborate with the Marketing team to support content across all social platforms.
• Create and share content across Mariners social media channels on a day-to-day basis.
• Assist with live in-game social media coverage for both home and away games.
• Responsible for content curation for Mariners secondary social media accounts including the Player Development, T-Mobile Park and Mariner Moose accounts.
• Shoot/edit videos, create graphics, animations, GIFs, TikToks.
• Consistently respond to fans questions and comments via social media.
• Assist with planning and executing social media campaigns and sponsorship integration.
• Collaborate with other digital team members and Seasonal Live Content Creators.
• Track performance of Mariners social media campaigns through post tagging and building out reports.
• Candidates are required to be flexible; working when the games are being played, including nights and weekends.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
• One (1) year experience managing and writing for a brand social media account required.
• Experience with TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and YouTube required.
• Relevant sports experience preferred.
• Video editing, graphic design, photography and/or Photoshop skills preferred.
• Additional Adobe Creative Cloud knowledge including After Effects preferred.
• A strong handle of grammar, punctuation and brand voice required.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
• In-depth knowledge of baseball.
• Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt way. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
• Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
• Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests.
• Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
• Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
• Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.