Intern - Minor League Development
Seattle MarinersSeattle, WA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Minor League Development Intern
Department: Player Development
Reports To: Major League Assistant Video Coordinator
**The Seattle Mariners are seeking Minor League Development Interns for all Mariner Minor League Affiliates for the 2022 season Must be available to start by March 3rd, 2022. This is a seasonal position with an end date expected to be September 31, 2022, determined by the conclusion of the 2022 Minor League season. An extension may be considered due to business needs. Positions will be based at Seattle Mariner Affiliates; AAA Tacoma, AA Arkansas, A Everett, A- Modesto, and Rookie level Peoria.**
Primary Objective: Responsible for the coordination of day-to-day video and technology operations associated with assigned Minor League team, coaching staff, players, and the Player Development department.
• Editing, capturing, cataloging, and distributing video and data for Minor League Coaching Staff and players, in addition to providing Advance Scouting reports prior to each home/road contest. Capture, tag and upload video for assigned Minor League Affiliate using BATS software for all home and road contests during regular season/post season play.
• Capture, tag and upload video for assigned Minor League Affiliate using BATS software for all home and road contests during regular season/post season play.
• Collect video and data from bullpens, batting practice and defensive work.
• Coordinate use of performance science equipment (Rapsodo, Edgertronic, Blast, etc.) and provide results to coaches and staff.
• Assist in preparing and distributing Advance Scouting reports prior to each game.
• Coordinate with affiliate Trackman intern for data collection and upload process
• Assist coaching staff with miscellaneous video and data related projects.
• Serve as team point of contact for technological troubleshooting.
• Will perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Prior experience with BATS video charting software, Dropbox, Trackman, Trackman Portable, Rapsodo, Edgertronic cameras, etc. preferred.
• Previous experience with an MLB or NCAA Baseball organization preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
• Must be able to correctly identify pitch types.
• Must provide outstanding attention to detail during data and video collection.
• Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
• Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
• Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
• Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
• Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
• Must be willing to relocate to assigned affiliate for all home and road games.
• Travel for road games required