Seattle MarinersSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Reports To: Creative Director
Primary Objective: Responsible for writing and editing Mariners Marketing and Sales materials including emails, web pages, collateral and promotional broadcast copy.
• Write and edit Mariners brand email communications including Mariners Mail, Ticket Guides and sponsored messages
• Oversee composition of targeted communications to Season Ticket Members, premium partners, groups and prospects
• Compose and assist in the layout of Marketing and Sales collateral materials including pocket schedules, brochures, postcards and other materials
• Produce copy and design ideas for a variety of Mariners web pages
• Assist writing and scheduling promotional copy for Mariners broadcast drop-ins and radio tags
• Aid in the development of Advertising concepts including headlines, copy, scripts and treatments
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Strategy teams to develop a variety of messages
• Manage proofing, approvals and timelines for projects
• Assist in the creation of internal collateral, sales materials and presentation decks
• Will perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
• A minimum of two (2) years of copywriting and editing experience in sales and/or marketing required.
• Strong writing and editing skills required.
• Previous Sports experience preferred.
• Advertising Agency experience preferred.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• Ability to synthesize dense and/or complicated materials into creative, clear and effective communications to a variety of audiences
• Proven ability to develop strong creative concepts aligned to campaign, brand awareness, engagement and conversion objectives. Receptive to feedback and input from a variety of sources
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
• Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt manner. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job
• Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values
• Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication
• Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization. Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests
• Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others
• Evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required
The Mariners are committed to providing a competitive total rewards package for our valued Team Members.
The anticipated range of base compensation for this role is $62,000 to $70,000 annually. In addition, we offer eligible Team Members a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a competitive 401(k) company match. We also provide complimentary parking, paid public transportation, paid parental leave, 80 hours of paid time off annually, and 9 days of paid holidays per year. Our total rewards offerings are best-in-class!
All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
This information is being provided in accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and Opportunity Act.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.