VP, International Publicity - Searchlight
The Walt Disney CompanyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting directly to the EVP / Head of Business Operations & International Marketing for Searchlight Pictures, you will oversee and partner with a team of PR professionals in helping to shape the Studio's international PR campaigns. You will be responsible for ensuring the integration and consistency of all PR messaging from the LA office, and will ultimately be responsible for enhancing the Studio's brand and reputation domestically through the promotion of its theatrical film product.
• Supervise and direct international publicity team in LA.
• Create international publicity & screening strategies for the Searchlight Pictures slate in coordination with the EVP/International Marketing.
• Coordinate and communication with regional publicity heads and Searchlight's domestic publicity team.
• Supervise and guide pitching strategies of international regional and lead territory publicists on all films.
• Supervise international photo and clip management and distribution, coordinating closely with team managers for this function.
• Develop and maintain high-level press relationships with editors and journalists with particular emphasis on the UK.
• Primary liaison for major film critics, with particular emphasis on the UK and select film fests and awards groups.
• Oversee international press tours for all talent and filmmakers.
• Liaise with filmmakers and talent to maximize participation for press interviews, taped greetings, etc.
• Coordinate coverage of all international premieres, tastemaker screenings, stunts and events.
• Manage Studio's clipping service and supervise the distribution of international press coverage & reviews, both internally and externally to filmmakers and reps.
• 10 years of result-oriented PR experience within the entertainment industry
• 2 years leading a PR department.
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
• Capable of conveying information in an enthusiastic, crisp and professional manner.
• Strong network of creative talent and press relations within entertainment industry.
• Strategic, creative and innovative thinker and problem solver.
• Proven leadership skills.
• High level of drive.
• BA/BS required.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.