Director, Post Production
Searchlight Pictures UK) LimitedLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/31/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Post Production jobs in London-UK
Search all Director, Post Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Post Production?
Full Time Job
The Director, Post Production will represent Searchlight Post Production in the UK and Europe, working closely with the Los Angeles office under the supervision of the SVP of Post. The Director, Post Production will hold a key role on the setup and oversight of the entire post production process from pre-production through to final delivery of multiple, often simultaneous motion picture projects.
Under the lead of the SVP of Post Production, Director Post Production will:
• Assist in budgeting and planning for future projects and technical innovations to help foster greater creative flexibility and efficiency. Play an active role in research and proof of concept testing for new technical initiatives.
• Lead in ongoing search for new and diverse talent
• Provide expert technical supervision, including where required, overseeing design and integration of editorial suites and machine room set ups for local & global post production.
• Ensure that post production is responsibly finished on time & budget, while still meeting the artistic & managerial needs of the Director, Producers, Post Production teams, Legal/Business Affairs, Production Accounting and Studio Executives.
• Oversee and assist project-hire Post Supervisors in the areas of budgeting, scheduling, team management, post production workflows, sound, VFX, BTS/EPK.
• Manage the day-to-day of operations of the London Post Production office and work closely with the US and UK team to consult on all areas of Post Production.
• Provide expert technical/post production support for dailies set up, DI and mix reviews, preview screenings, movie premieres, and VIP screenings both domestic & international.
• Knowledge and love of independent film
• Experience in the UK Post Production field
• Wide ranging knowledge of UK Post Production facilities and talent
• Proven and extensive experience with Post Production processes & workflows
• Proven ability to execute and drive multiple projects to completion, under tight deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills delivered in a mature professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to interact, partner and represent high-level creative individuals and companies.
• Leadership and team management skills required.
• Highly focused work ethic, tremendous attention to detail and ability to deal with ambiguous situations.
• Flexible with an ability to think proactively and efficiently in high pressure environments.
Additional Proficiency Preferred, not Required:
• Knowledge of Movie Magic budgeting software
• High resolution and/or Extended Dynamic Range knowledge or experience
• Historical knowledge and experience with legacy Searchlight projects and references
• Experience with remote collaboration solutions
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Searchlight Pictures (UK) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Searchlight Pictures (UK) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.