Executive Assistant - Searchlight Pictures
Searchlight Pictures, Inc.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2021 11:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Executive Assistant - Searchlight Pictures jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Assistant - Searchlight Pictures postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant - Searchlight Pictures?
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Searchlight Pictures is seeking an Executive Assistant to report to the EVP, Marketing.
• Provide administrative support to EVP Marketing, including updating and maintaining a?busy calendar, heavy phone coverage, preparing travel arrangements & itineraries for business and film festival trips, consistently updating contacts, filing expense reports and managing correspondence.
• Assist in preparing all necessary memos, presentations, research, meeting agendas, etc., as needed. Coordinate department wide marketing meetings (both internal and with external filmmakers).
• Ensure efficient communication flow between the EVP Marketing and all departments including but not limited to Publicity and Creative Advertising, Production, Acquisitions and Distribution.
• Maintain and distribute publicity department master calendar.
• Distribute initial contact list to new filmmakers.
• Coordinate festival consideration screenings as needed, in addition to other publicity/awards related screenings for staff, select press and talent.
• Track publicity breaks in print, online, and broadcast. Should have familiarity with publications, journalists, and press coverage.
• Manage various department responsibilities such as renewing publication memberships, subscriptions, and maintaining office supplies.
• Ensure all awards-related invoices are paid in a timely manner, along with managing overall awards consultant budgets and agreements.
• Assist as needed at events such as premieres, press junkets, awards related events and press screenings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Please submit a cover letter for this position.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience on a busy desk
• Great attention to detail, thick skin and ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities. Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities & deadlines.
• Strong communication, organizational, administrative and follow-thru skills.
• Must be proficient in operating, using, and troubleshooting iOS systems: Mac, iPhone, iPad. Excellent operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Photoshop, and SAP/Concur is essential.
• Looking for someone who will engage with tasks in a mindful and intellectual fashion – honing their anticipation skills by figuring out next steps without being asked to inquire.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find solutions before escalating issues.
• Enthusiasm for film and television, particularly specialty/arthouse films. Familiarity with the Searchlight brand, films, filmmakers and upcoming slate.
• Holds highest ethical and moral standards. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion is of utmost priority.
• Experience supporting a high-level executive in the Entertainment industry. Studio, film,?publicity, or agency environment is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Searchlight Pictures, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Searchlight Pictures, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.