Searchlight Pictures, Inc.Los Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/24/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Awards, Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Awards, Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Awards, Coordinator?
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Provides vital support for the Director, Awards and Corporate Communications for both areas and works closely with the senior publicity executives in the department. This role helps with all aspects of awards submissions and will require heavy proofreading, mailing procedures, materials review, copy editing, and coordination between studio awards team and guilds, mailing houses, critics' groups and other awards organizations, as well as upkeep of corporate communications documents for both internal and external-facing communications.
• Help maintain contact and communication with and set physical / digital screenings for all guilds and Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences (AMPAS), along with the Director, Awards.
• Help prepare and submit submissions for films in all eligible categories for Guilds (DGA, PGA, WGA, etc), AMPAS, and miscellaneous awards (FIND, Satellite, NAACP, Spirit, Gotham, etc.); closely manage submission budgets and deadlines, along with the Director, Awards.
• Help prepare awards budgets, making sure all film numbers are accurately reflected and updated throughout the campaign.
• Help to organize awards show seating, ticketing, and program ads for talent and executives.
• Cover Academy email inbox. Liaise directly with AMPAS members, ensuring that they have all information they need.
• Assist in management of awards RSVP website.
• Cover awards screenings both during the work day and some after hours and weekends.
• Help obtain internal and external AMPAS and Guild approvals for various FYC invitations/written materials/eblasts.
• Assist with creation of and various aspects of all FYC awards materials including DVD screeners & packaging, screening calendars, invitations, postcards, mailers, scores, and script books.
• Create and maintain Materials Calendar for shipment dates for all awards materials (screeners, mailers, script books, etc.), work with Director of awards and film SVPs on date strategy.
• Help manage communication and volume of shipments with the mailing houses (Vision & Elite) and UPS/DHL(Intl)/USPS.
• Help maintain awards top ten lists, critics' group awards and all guild awards nominations / winners lists.
• Work with outside specialty/awards consultants, vendors, mailing houses, etc.
• Traffic and proof production notes, track progress and due dates.
• Field press inquiries and maintain trade and industry press lists.
• Liaise with personal reps to retrieve bios and headshots and credits.
• Help draft press releases, bullet points, and boilerplates.
• Help to update credits and all written materials for all Searchlight releases.
• Maintain historical data for awards and studio including tallies.
• Maintain executive bios and track changes.
• 2-3 years administrative experience, supporting teams within entertainment industry, required.
• Experience in awards and/or a publicity department preferred.
• Excellent computer proficiency with Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an acumen for working well with external and internal partners of all levels.
• Ability to tactfully manage the team's time and communicate with authority and poise.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible.
• Proven ability to work well independently as well as with a team.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including overtime during the week and on weekends, when necessary.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Searchlight Pictures, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Searchlight Pictures, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.