Work Materials Operator- Graveyard
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Work Materials Operator-Entry-Level
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and reports to the Production Supervisor. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starting individual who can work independently as well as within an established team. A strong background in media operations or encoding will also be critical to the success of the position. The GMS Work Materials Operator is responsible for creating reference materials to be used in the production and timing of audio, subtitle and caption file creation.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Encode audio/video assets from any available source asset using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment.
• Transcode client media deliverables to specifications using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment.
• Calibrate media in SDI's proprietary subtitling application ''GTS'' for distribution to SDI translators.
• Identify and address discrepancies in media files that may arise during the creation and calibration of production reference files and related projects.
• Troubleshoot and correct reported issues with assets and Work materials workflows. Escalate to GMS management and engineering as needed.
• Understands and stay current with all SDI workflows and workflow change management updates and tutorials.
• Perform general administration duties as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work flexible hours when and if needed.
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good technical understanding
• Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Ability to be an excellent team player
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivocal experience.
• One year of related technical experience preferred.
• Able to produce and deliver error free files.
• In depth knowledge of audio/video hardware and software relevant to the office without supervision.
• In depth knowledge of audio/video formats relevant to the office.
• In depth knowledge of ''frame rates'' and their function.
• In depth knowledge of ''Aspect ratio's'' and their function.
• In depth knowledge of SMPTE time-code and its function.
• In depth knowledge of workflows relevant to the office.
SDI Media is the world's s leading media localization provider, offering dubbing, subtitling, access services and media services for international, regional, and local content owners, aggregators, broadcasters, and new media distributors. With the world's largest network of owned and operated facilities and the most comprehensive suite of customizable localization software applications, SDI offers its clients a comprehensive end-to-end localization solution for feature films, episodic television series, interactive games, new media, and corporate needs. SDI offers its services for over 80 languages, and operates it global network of facilities across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. With a presence in 33 countries, in over 35 markets, incorporating over 105 recording rooms and over 50 mixing rooms, SDI's global localization footprint provides the only one-stop media localization solution in the media industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online