Media IT Engineer
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
JOB TITLE: Post-Production Engineer
Location: Los Angeles (2 locations)
REPORTING TO: Technical Director (PPC) & Director of Global Media Engineering (SDI)
The Picture Production Company and SDI Media are looking for a broadcast/IT engineer to join our Technical Team and support our cutting-edge technologies. Reporting to the Technical Director at PPC and the Director of Global Media Engineering at SDI, the individual needs to have excellent engineering experience within a Post-Production or Broadcast environment, able to work autonomously, motivated, mobile, enthusiastic and focused.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide first line support to Online and Offline Edit suites, Pro-Tools Audio Suites and Graphics Workstations.
• Consult on workflow set-up and support including media delivery, file encoding and QC etc.
• Install, trouble-shoot and support various systems and applications in Edit and MCR environments - in particular the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Avid, Pro Tools and DaVinci Resolve
• Provide support and comprehensive knowledge and expertise across MacOS and Windows workstations and system administration
• Maintain and perform ongoing server administration (Linux, Mac and Windows) and storage management (SAN environments (Stornext, Editshare), OSX Server - ACL's and secure file access)
• Liaise with hardware, software support teams and approved vendors
• Communicate with UK based Technical Director regularly on live ticket issues, highlight any foreseeable requirements and/or investments and ensure resolutions align with our technical strategy and
Skills and Experience
• Linux experience is required
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Programming/ scripting skills
• Experience in secure file-sharing technologies - Aspera Point-to-Point, Faspex, Sync
• Remote management and administration technologies - JAMF/Casper Suite.
• Ethernet and fibre network administration
• Experience in Cisco switch programming is preferred
• Experience of working with media asset management systems is preferred.
Competencies and behaviours
• Ability to effectively prioritise challenges in response to operational needs and deadlines.
• A willingness to work pro-actively and offer solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
• Actively participate and contribute to the development of PPC's infrastructure, Post environment and processes.
• Flexibility to work occasional after regular business hours and weekends as required.
• Ability to work both in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills to support both Companies.
• Ability to travel locally between the PPC and SDI Media offices in Los Angeles as needed. The distance between our offices is approximately 8 miles.
The Picture Production Company is a leading International Creative Production agency that combines a dedicated award-winning creative team with unparalleled production facilities.
With offices in London and LA, we offer a full agency cross platform service that delivers on brief, on budget and on schedule - our commitment, our passion and our attention to detail can be seen on-screen in each and every job we do.
SDI Media is the world's leading localization provider of dubbing, subtitling, and media services, utilizing the largest owned and operated network of recording studios worldwide. SDI Media offers clients an end-to-end localization solution for theatrical, broadcast, digital, interactive, and new media platforms using a comprehensive suite of customizable localization applications. With over 40 years of experience delivering translated content to global platforms, SDI Media continues to be the most trusted localization partner worldwide.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online