Media Onboarding Manager
SDI MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Media Onboarding Manager is responsible for facilitating cross-functional communication in the organization. This includes but is not limited to providing management expertise to the team, and bridging the needs of Sales, Client Services, Operations, and Onboarding in order to guide the team on how to fulfill new and existing service requests and more.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, and manage the onboarding team's tasks in order to meet company objectives and client expectations.
• Define and implement onboarding team's policies, procedures, and programs with a focus on process efficiency.
• Manage and track the progress of key onboarding processes to keep internal customers informed of the status of their requested onboarding projects
• Identify service gaps and needed performance improvements, taking direct action on easy wins and raising proposed solutions for larger issues to Director of Media Operations and Global Engineering Director.
• Work with Global Engineering Director (providing additional resources as available) to
o Develop new media workflow automations, processes, and services
o Implement newly developed and/or improved product lines and services
o Coordinate maintenance/downtime for production servers
o Coordinate Tier 2 - 3 media engineering support
• Provide tier 1 - 2 media engineering support
• Monitor services and automations to identify needed improvements and take action to implement those improvements
• Manage onboarding process and media operations technical documentation creation, maintenance, and dissemination via SharePoint Online and Confluence
• Work with IT configure and troubleshoot Linux systems used for media workflow automations
• Ensure issues are escalated and shared by providing daily/weekly status reports of known issues to Director of Media Operations.
• Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills.
- Understanding of digital media post-processing/production including
o General knowledge of NLEs and DAWs
o Experience configuring and maintaining transcoding workflows in commercial transcoding systems (Telestream Vantage, Dalet Amberfin preferred)
o Knowledge of xml as relates to sidecar metadata utilized in digital media distribution (e.g. iTunes TV, Amazon, MEC/MMC)
o Knowledge of post-production workflows and environments.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to effectively operate in OS X, Windows, and the Linux CLI
- Intermediate to advanced capabilities in the MS Office suite, familiarity with MS Project
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g. java script, python, ruby,
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online