Scythia Films Inc.Los Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/5/2021 6:20:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for Development Executive jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Development Executive postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Development Executive?
Full Time Job
Scythia Films & Stellar Citizens Inc.
Stellar Citizens and Scythia Films, one of Canada's most prolific production companies and managers of a private equity development fund, are seeking an experienced development executive. They will shepherd both business and creative aspects of a diverse slate of feature film and series projects (scripted and non-fiction) towards production alongside the Toronto based team.
The ideal candidate has relationships within the screenwriting community and has strong strategic and organizational skills. They should also be passionate about creative in TV, Film, and adjacent disciplines (books, theatre, comedy, etc.). Someone who holds a curiosity for the changing content landscape with an eye to where audiences are going, and how to meet them there.
Work will be conducted remotely, operating as a Los Angeles presence liaising with the companies Toronto head offices.
- Work with the development team to assess new properties for the domestic and international market.
- Lead submissions of new projects with an ability to extrapolate company principals' ideas into actionable projects.
- Identify concepts and stories with high artistic ambitions and/or commercial potential.
- Procure and negotiate rights on various properties in collaboration with producers
- Provide creative feedback on scripts, pitch materials, and other creative materials throughout the development process.
- Manage the priorities of the slate on time and within budget, working with the team to realize our goals.
- Discover new talent and foster potential partnerships, particularly with writers and directors.
- Maintain strong relationships with key contacts within the film & television industry including broadcast development executives, studios, creators, writers, and agents.
- Attend domestic and international markets to pitch projects, maintain as well as continuously enhance our network appending it with executive contacts
Scythia Films is a production company based in Toronto led by producer Daniel Bekerman, one of Canada's most prolific feature film producers. Scythia specializes in developing original works, international co-productions, as well as service productions. Recent credits include FALLING, Viggo Mortensen's directorial debut, a UK/Canada Treaty Co-Production, which celebrated its World Premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2020 and was an Official Selection at the 73rd Edition of the Cannes Film Festival as well as TIFF.
Currently in post-production is SLASH/BACK, an Arctic set sci-fi adventure about a group of Inuk teen girls that fight an alien invasion, written and directed by Nyla Innuksuk, with Sierra Affinity attached for international sales. Most notable credits include THE WITCH, directed by Robert Eggers, winner of the U.S. Dramatic Directing Award at the Sundance Film Festival, as well as two Independent Spirit Awards. Scythia works actively in acknowledging and dismantling systemic racism in Canadian Film & TV and is a founding member of Producer Pledge.
Stellar Citizens is an independent production company and strategic financial lender in the entertainment sector founded by Alex Ordanis and Christopher Yurkovich. Developing and producing original film and TV projects both in-house and with exciting partners, the company's mandate is that ''strong scripts lead to stellar productions.'' In 2017 they partnered with Scythia Films and co-founded a joint development fund. Recent highlights include developing projects with international partners such as XYZ Films, Craig Flores (300), and Theresa Park (The Notebook), and Canadian filmmakers Johnny Ma (To Live to Sing), Guy Maddin (My Winnipeg), Evan & Galen Johnson (The Green Fog), Lora Campbell (Sister Cult) and Kyle Rideout & Josh Epstein (Adventures in Public School).