VFX Production Coordinator
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
Under the guidance of the Supervising Producer or Digital Production Manager, the VFX Coordinator works with producers and artists to ensure shots are being tracked and delivered according to established targets and milestones. This position coordinates our cross-functional production teams and requires effective project management skills. We look for clear communicators that demonstrate a high level of organization and possess a very proactive and positive attitude.
• Schedules, prioritizes, and tracks internal technical assignments and project details
• Organizes dailies, rounds, and project meetings; organize and setup rooms/media
• Ensures Shotgun (project management software) statuses and task assignments and project scope is maintained daily
• Coordinates and package shot deliveries including submission documentation
• Ensures team members are clear on daily deliverables; calendar management, records all notes from clients, dailies, and rounds
• Communicates team updates; understands priorities
• Coordinates and monitor multiple projects
• Documentation and report preparation; tasks tracked and managed
• Communicates any schedule changes to appropriate stakeholders; escalates to Supervisors/Producers
• Follows up on approved and completed work; ensure delivery on time and to specification
• Establishes quality control and project closures processes
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Minimum of two (2) to (5) years of experience in the VFX or film production industry
• Highly organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills
• Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem-solve effectively in a fast-changing environment
• Understands visual effects terminologies and processes
• Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists, and producers
• Experience in visual effects processes; asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, FX, lighting, and compositing
• Working experience with Shotgun (project management software) is considered an asset
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (Word & Excel)
• Knowledge of Linux, Nuke, and other 2D/3D packages is considered an asset
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.