Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The VFX Editor is the liason between the client and our production team and is responsible for interpreting, confirming, tracking and distributing information from the client Editorial department while acting as a liaison. The VFX Editor incorporates all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of sequences and has the ability to create a functioning environment where the Visual Effects Supervisor can evaluate a shot in sequence.
• Communicate with client editorial: track all stages of the client cuts, internal cuts and iterations.
• Maintain the production database with line up and count sheet information and verify correct plates and frame ranges are being used by the artists as well as provide information and clarification when needed.
• Update sequences with any changes to the cut and communicate changes and reference to the VFX team.
• Preparing sequence edits for clients when required.
• Quality control checks of VFX shots submitted for editorial reviews.
• Manage media and project files on the Avid using a shared storage system.
• Edit show reels, marketing materials and internal presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology, LUTS and colour space.
• Familiar with shot tracking database systems (Shotgun, a plus), Word, Excel and other productivity software tools.
• Knowledge and understanding of codecs, transcoding and QT formats.
• Strong team player with good communication skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.