Technical Character Animator
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, recent work includes Free Guy, Black Widow, The Suicide Squad, The Nevers, Shadow and Bone, Lisey's Story
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
The Technical Character Animator is a new role at Scanline VFX, responsible for technical setups prior, during, and after the animation process. This will be a multidisciplinary role involving matchmove, motion capture, layout, rigging, animation, and shot sculpting work. New technologies and methodologies will be explored for these new CGI challenges.
• Creates a technical setup involving different elements such as rigs, cameras, volume capture scans for animation to use
• Cleans up mocap solves and object track solves
• Generates usable geometry out of 4D volume capture
• Tests and ensure character rigs meet technical and artistic specifications
• Technical setup of cameras
• Shot Sculpting deformation fixes on a cg character
• Debugs technical problems and escalate issues as needed
• Takes directions and applies notes from supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Two (2) to fours (4) years of matchmove, layout, tech anim, rigging, or shot finaling experience in visual effects for feature film or television
• Bachelor's degree or Diploma in the field of arts, film and/or animation (preferred)
• Advanced software skills in Maya (required)
• General understanding of Maya rigging.
• General Modeling / Sculpting skills.
• General Animation skills.
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.