Supervisor / Manager
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Supervisor/manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the show within the facility. He/she is responsible for ensuring clear communication to the client and the production team, and that the production delivers on time and within the budget. Along with the VFX Supervisor, he/she is responsible for artistic cohesion with the client.
• Works directly with leadership team and other VFX Supervisors to determine and advise technical solutions; Directs and supervises artists in the completion of final shots
• Ensure quality of work is of the highest standards
• Advises and ensures timely delivery of production department assignments and scheduling
• Collaborates with other department managers on dailies, workflow and pipeline strategies, providing ongoing improvement to processes and methodology
• Responsible for workflow, organization, shot continuity, grain continuity, and quality control metrics
• Will be expected to spot check individual comps of other artists and evaluate quality and efficiency of teams work
• Mentors team members and conducts performance evaluations.
• Assesses client plates for technical quality standards, problem solves and escalates as needed
• Prior to submission to client, reviews shots for artifacts relating to department needs
• Serves as key technical expert on productions
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• At least 6 years live action visual effects experience, on high profile feature films.
• Demonstrates strong technical and leadership capabilities.
• Experience in leading, mentoring and training large teams.
• Exceptional artistic skills and organizational skills; understands how to prioritize the necessary tasks and assignments.
• Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly. (written verbal)
• Well rounded working knowledge of the technical and artistic aspects of live action and visual effects
• Expert knowledge of Nuke required as well as integration; Shake, After Effects, Digital Fusion all a big plus
• Experience in 3dsMax preferred.
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines