Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
The Senior/Lead Rigger designs, develops, tests, troubleshoots, maintains, and implements rigs for all aspects for VFX shows. They support studio wide and production project requirements including characters, vehicles, environment and other various aspects. They are responsible for coordination and scheduling of task deliverables. They are capable of balancing complex tasks, and have the ability to organize and automate their workflow. They oversee and mentor junior team members.
• Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed
• Build/design advanced characters, creatures, vehicles and props in Maya using in-house tools and pipeline.
• Mentor other members of the rigging team.
• Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the Rigging department.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in art and/or engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum five (5) years of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
• Expert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies.
• Expert knowledge of creature deformation and puppet rigging techniques
• Strong Python experience
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.