Senior Rigger - Los Angeles
Scanline VFXLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/28/2020 5:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Rigger - Los Angeles jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Rigger - Los Angeles postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Rigger - Los Angeles? ROLE
The Senior Rigger designs, develops, tests, troubleshoots, maintains, and implements rigs for all aspects for VFX shows. They support studio wide and production project requirements including characters, vehicles, environment and other various aspects. They are responsible for coordination and scheduling of task deliverables. They are capable of balancing complex tasks, and have the ability to organize and automate their workflow. They oversee and mentor junior team members.
• Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed
• Build/design advanced characters, creatures, vehicles and props in Maya using in-house tools and pipeline.
• Mentor other members of the rigging team.
• Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the Rigging department.
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in art and/or engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum five (5) years of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
• Expert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies.
• Expert knowledge of creature deformation and puppet rigging techniques
• Strong Python experience
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.