Senior / Lead Modeler
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 6/12/2023 2:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior / Lead Modeler jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Senior / Lead Modeler postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the Senior/Lead Modeler will execute poly modeling skills from creating environments, vehicles, props, and characters to be used in production with an emphasis on photorealism, accuracy, detail, and function. Working with the in-house modeling pipeline, the Modeling Lead is able to solve technical issues independently.
• Creates high-quality models and UVs for use in production; implement improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
• Designs and implements high level conceptual to practical modeling
• Proactively recommends ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues and provides solutions, and escalates as needed
• Maintains a positive relationship with all stakeholder departments; attend meetings as needed
• Works within the defined pipeline
• Ensures continuity and support other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, Generalists, and rigging
• Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum five (5) years of VFX experience modeling photorealistic assets for live-action feature films
• Minimum two (2) years in a leadership role
• Expert in Maya; could teach a class on how to use it and troubleshoot
• Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox. Mari knowledge (a plus)
• Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated ability to take a design from ambiguous to full design implementation
• Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map workflow
• Experience working on creatures, Digi doubles, topology, and blend shapes (preferred)
• Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure the highest quality before handing off assets
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.