Roto / Paint Artist
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Roto/Paint Supervisor, the Roto/Paint Artist supports and partners with compositors to integrate seamlessly all elements of a shot to the highest level of VFX ''realism'' for major feature films.
Relevant du superviseur Paint - Roto, l'artiste Paint-Roto devra soutenir et collaborer avec les compositeurs pour intégrer de manière transparente tous les éléments d'un plan au plus haut niveau de ''réalisme'' VFX pour longs métrages.
• Generates accurate articulate roto mattes in Nuke or Silhouette
• Matches motion blur using procedural/calculated approaches
• Tracks plates using 2D trackers or Planar tracking methods
• Uses 3D cameras to generate 2D tracking data or for projection techniques
• De-grains plates to a high standard and matches grain to the plate
• Uses frame by frame painting techniques in conjunction with procedural cleanup techniques
• QC's work to a high standard using RV (or similar)
• Attend production meetings; complete corrections/revisions based on feedback and partner with compositors to complete shots
• Provide estimates for workflow and schedules; deliver high quality of work under tight deadlines
• Train, mentor and support Junior staff
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree/Diploma in Digital Media Arts (preferred)
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working in major live action feature films
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge/experience with Nuke, Silhouette, Mocha (required), and Maya (preferred)
• Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly and effectively; takes direction well
• Strong written and oral communication skills, team player, and time management skills
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability; escalates issues as needed
• Knowledge of Photography Traditional are background and asset
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.