Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Rigging Supervisor is responsible for all resources, direction, and output of the rigging department. They attend both show and facility based planning meetings, and determine the direction and priorities of the department to meet the challenges arising from those meetings. They strive for an overall increase in quality for all digital assets, while decreasing the learning curve and work flow complexity required to achieve said quality. Manage and oversee all members of the team, and contribute to an increase in their knowledge and skills, while fostering a creative and enjoyable working environment
• Overall team management and resource planning; recruitment, resource allocation, training, development and performance management.
• Collaboratively work with studio leadership; prioritize and escalate show and overall studio pipeline tasks and solutions.
• Develops studio tools and improvements to rigging pipeline, as well as sibling departments.
• Work with the production team to meet the goals and requirements of asset deliveries, including R&D and rapid prototyping.
• Staying up to date with rigging techniques in the industry, and planning development as relevant new technology emerges.
• Review and evaluate the work of artists on the rigging team for both technical and artistic improvements.
• Create documentation and training materials
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Post Grad Diploma/Certificate (preferred) or equivalent experience
• 7 years VFX in feature film rigging using Maya
• 4 years leadership/management experience
• Excellent knowledge of: Python, Maya API, C (bonus), 3Ds Max (bonus)
• Excellent knowledge of Maya and animation pipeline work flow
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Eye for detail, initiative and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, and elevate members to produce their best work
• Strong creative trouble shooting/problem solving ability
• Expert knowledge and understanding of human and creature anatomy