Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
• Reporting to the Global Resource Manager (GRM), you:
• Support resourcing initiatives;
• Advocate best practices across our organization;
• Manage resourcing plans and reports for your region within the context of our global organization;
• Support the GRM in optimizing staff utilization across global studios, prioritizing work, and partnering with management to drive resource allocation decisions.
• In partnership with key stakeholders, you:
• Own and operate our resource management function to allow increased visibility on resource supply and demand;
• Minimize the impact of scale-up and scale-down;
• Maximize our current headcount.
• As Resource Manager, you:
• Work collaboratively with the GRM to create, establish, and promote key resourcing initiatives, enabling us to scale efficiently and assign resources within scope;
• Focus primarily on standardizing data and processes, as established by the GRM, to ensure clean, concise, effective, and efficient use of resourcing information;
• Ensure resource availability in conjunction with show production schedules, continually assessing and planning for future resource requirements;
• Maximize capacity effectiveness and minimize idles, working closely with VFX Producers, Heads of Department/Division, and Central Production;
• Review proactively and understand staffing position to provide logical, meaningful insight on trends, forecast, and offer solutions to foreseen areas of concern;
• Run ad hoc data scenarios to analyze potential impact on resources and finances;
• Attend internal meetings, assess and understand resource implications, and brief GRM;
• Lead assigned resource meetings;
• Present and communicate data to support:
• Potential risks and opportunities,
• Flags and escalations,
• To succeed as Scanline VFX | Eyeline Studios Resource Manager, you:
• have a need for clean data and own it-decisions you make put you on top of the flux;
• bring an existing skill set, expertise of systems at play, and practiced communication that target solutions and aligns with GRM directives;
• combine project and risk management with communication skills and ability to build rapport, ask the right questions at the right time, and set clear, measurable, and achievable expectations;
• thrive in a VUCA environment, have a grasp on VFX, Virtual Production, and show workflows;
• apply resourcing parameters to facilitate leadership's informed decisions.
Who you are: You bring to the table
• Exceptional and timely communication skills,
• Independent, highly organized, self-managed contributions and honed risk management skills,
• Strong relationship building and conflict resolution skills,
• Analysis-, detail-, and results-driven perspective,
• Ability to apply critical thinking and creative problem solving to complex challenges in a dynamic environment,
• Ability to gather information, connect the dots, and make quick, informed decisions.
Who you are: Your skills, knowledge, & qualifications
• VFX experience as a Resource Manager for a global studio;
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field;
• Previous VFX experience as a Production Supervisors, Department Manager, or Production Manager (asset);
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUP, formulas, Pivot tables, Charts;
• Knowledge of ShotGrid, Power Pivot, and Power BI (asset);
• Working knowledge of Google workspace.
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.