Production Pipeline TD
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
The Production Pipeline TD helps the production department run efficiently and is responsible for creating and improving tools, department workflows, and troubleshooting related issues.
• Primarily responsible for developing high quality, stable code for use within Shotgrid's ecosystem
• Architect, develop and maintain the integration of Shotgrid in our production pipeline using Python
• Develop and maintain Shotgrid event handler plugins
• Create testable, efficient and reusable code by using best in class software development practices
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Maintain regular communication with Production Leadership in order to address active production requirements and concerns.
• Create unit and functional tests
• Participate in the continuous improvement of the development process
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• A university degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
• Proven Python programming experience
• Strong knowledge and experience with Shotgrid software platform
• Understanding of production workflow, project management and scheduling
• Proven debugging, development testing, and problem solving abilities
• Flexible and able to work in a frequently changing environment
• Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
• Ability to handle high stress environments
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.