Production Assistant - Runner
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Working as a Production Assistant at ScanlineVFX, no two days are the same. For you, variety is the spice of life and you are able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, collaborate across all departments and groups and thrive helping leaders do more.
Expect to partner with the office administration and the facilities team where duties cross over and are shared in a fast paced and fast shifting environment. It’s a position that requires you to think on your feet, be on your feet and take initiative to learn new things quickly. As an entry level position there is an expectation of one year commitment.
• Opening/Closing Procedures
• Daily Rounds to maintain cleanliness/tidiness/safety/security of facility.
• Office Ordering: weekly/daily - Fresh milk/coffee supplies, Fruit Orders, Pop orders, Costco errands, Meal orders, General Office Supplies, Furniture Orders, Special Events/Client Visit Supplies
• Other facilities, administrative and miscellaneous tasks as required/assigned.
• Special Projects as required/assigned.
• Meals: 1-2 times daily ordering: pick-up and distribution of meals.
• Errands: assist with pick-up, delivery and stocking of various supplies onsite and offsite; including weekly Costco runs, personal assisting errands, stocking kitchens and general office support, new hire housing assistance etc.
• Office Moves: new hire set up, desk/furniture moves, furniture building/breakdown etc.
• Special Events/Client Visits: set up/tear down, various support throughout event/visit as needed.
• Facilities-of-all-trades: cleaning refrigerators, replacing light bulbs, cleaning/organizing storage, building shelves, hanging pictures/whiteboards, stocking office supplies, troubleshoot printers, meeting external vendors/contractors, small miscellaneous repairs, etc.
• Kitchens; restocking supplies, cleaning, running multiple dishwashers, multiple times daily.
• Supply Room: keep orderly, restock, note low running items for ordering OR pick up at next Costco run.
• Meeting Room Calendars: scheduling, negotiation for meeting space and relevant attendees and ensuring smooth communication flow as needed, meeting room set ups, office tours for visitors etc.
• Distribute mail, courier packages etc.
• Recruiting: data entry, job postings, reel reviews, interview paperwork prep reminders.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• University or College Degree/Diploma in Administration or Industry related; preferred.
• Intermediate; MS Office Suite, Calendar Administration; Confluence maintenance; Recruiting or database experience; preferred. Research savy.
• A successful track record supporting facilities and/or administrative tasks for 1 years.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and results-oriented individual who works with little or no supervision, and demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, time management and anticipates and resolves problems; escalates to supervisor as needed.
• Detail oriented and ability to complete work assignments with a high degree of quality
• Thrives in a fast changing and at times, ambiguous environment.
• Takes initiative and goes beyond established framework; looks for new ideas and creative solutions to overcome challenges.
• Polite, easy-going, patient and service-oriented; can do attitude.
• Team player with good sense of humor.
• MUST be able to lift heavy objects of 25-30 lbs
• MUST have a valid driver’s license.
• MUST be available and flexible to work evenings and weekends and over time as needed.