Scanline VFXLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Scanline is currently seeking a Previz Supervisor. The Previz Supervisor is responsible for the creative direction of the previz, collaborating with the Director and VFX supervisor to help bring their concepts and vision to an initial draft of the project.
The Supervisor will act as the key contact on the show, working on internal assignments, schedules, reviews and ultimately approving sequences for client review.
• Collaborates with the Director, VFX Supervisor and other creative within the production team, to deliver previz sequences which fulfill the teams vision
• Works closely with the Producers and Production team to ensure that schedules are created, maintained and remain up to date
• Contributes to the bidding phase of the project by helping provide estimates for the work required
• Works with pipeline and engineering teams to develop and improve the pipeline and tools
• Trains and supports the previz team, as part of their own career progression
• Communicates clearly and confidently across different teams, from client, to editorial, to production and builds good relationships with them.
• Helps develop talent and foster professional growth among the stage crew
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role on large scale previz projects
• Experience working in a client facing role with Directors and key creative
• Experience in Supervisor role for AAA Film and Television projects
• Great visual storytelling skills and a well-grounded understanding of the language of the camera. Framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking
• Proven track record of leadership on previous projects
• Knowledge and experience in real time rendering and content creation with Unreal Engine
• Possess a strong understanding of the principles of animation and the ability to block animation themselves.
• 3D Generalist skills: have a well-rounded skill set: lighting, modeling, layout, anim
• Technical knowledge of various DCC software like 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Unreal Engine
• Background or experience in fine art which shows a thorough understanding of physical, motion, weight and balance
• Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
• Solid camera animation work (laying out shots, staging, using film camera or on-set experience)
• Programming experience with python, C advantageous
• Experience with virtual production workflows and technologies advantageous