Performance Capture Animation Department Lead
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 9/9/2022 10:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Performance Capture Animation Department Lead jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Performance Capture Animation Department Lead postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
We currently offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
The Performance Capture Animation Department Lead is responsible for completing senior-level tasks as well as supporting and reviewing the work of their facility team. They will work closely with the Performance Capture project leads and supervisor to ensure they and their facility team provide 3d solutions that precisely recreate the movement & technical aspects of the subject matter. Successful applicants should have the ability to communicate well with neighboring departments, lead a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
• Supports and mentors Performance Capture Animation artists
• Derives accurate 3D motion based on plate information and MCOAP data
• Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
• Ensures continuity between scenes/shots when working with other Performance Capture and TechAnim remind them to send artists assigned to the same project, sequence, assets, etc
• Work with the Department Supervisor to help improve upon existing workflows
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role within the live-action visual effects industry for feature films
• Firm grasp of 3D Animation principles and toolset
• Must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists
• Demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
• Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Performance Capture Animation Supervisor
• Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines
• Communicates any schedule shifts with the department manager
• Has a broad understanding of the overall VFX workflow and needs/requirements of other departments/disciplines
• Can clearly communicate creative and technical ideas
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capable of delivering work to deadline
• Has advanced Maya skills and intermediate shotgrid skills
• Knowledge of motion builder and faceware is a plus, but not not required
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.