Maya Pipeline Developer
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
We currently offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
Scanline VFX, une compagnie de Netflix, est un leader mondial dans l'industrie des effets visuels réparti à travers 7 studios mondialement. Établie il y a plus de 30 ans, nous comptons aujourd'hui plus 1,400 employées dans notre équipe, composée de diverses nationalités. Animé par l'innovation, Eyeline Studios, notre division de production virtuelle, repense la production du cinéma en temps réel en offrant aux créateurs une flexibilité inégalée.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe dynamique de classe mondiale!
Nous offrons actuellement des opportunités de travail hybrides, sur place et à distance.
Reporting to Pipeline Leadership, the Maya Pipeline Developer supports the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the studio tools and pipeline workflow. The Maya Pipeline Developer's perspective is customer-centric with the artist and production team's requirements in mind. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and work collaboratively, the Maya Developer has intermediate skills with Maya, Python, and Mel Script required to solve day-to-day VFX studio pipeline issues.
• Identifies and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of the tools, plug-ins, pipeline, and overall workflow development
• Gathers requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple departments and/or disciplines
• Leverages current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline's technologies
• Designs, builds, and implements pro-types; Debug and QA using common testing platforms with stakeholders
• Maintains and supports created tools; fine-tune and troubleshoot as needed
• Writes Technical Briefs and documentation
• Partners with Pipeline Management team to identify and schedule tasks
• Defines, communicates and enforces coding standards across teams and projects
• Mentors other pipeline team members; advises, guides, and grows others
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• BA Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment
• Maya, Python, and Mel Script knowledge is required
• C++, Maya API, Shotgun, and 3D experience is preferred
• Experience with rigging, animation, and creature FX is desired
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.