Matchmove Rotoanimation Artist
Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
A Matchmove Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character roto-animation for feature film. They would be working closely alongside Animators to create animation to match the movement & silhouette of the subject that also behaves realistically in 3D space.
• To roto-animate characters to accurately match the plate photography at the the high level of detail required for feature film.
• Work closely with Roto Animation Supervisor to create an accurate 3d representation of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space for a variety of VFX criteria (eg: CG take over digital character augmentation etc).
• To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
• To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
• Maintain a positive attitude & accept direction/feedback.
• To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig
• Organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates
• Liaison with Layout/Animation departments to ensure their work is being correctly implemented downstream.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Similar role with 2 years experience within feature film.
• Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets, comprehensive knowledge of Maya required.
• The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists.
• Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills and be able to self evaluate their work.
• Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors needs and requirements.
• Fundamental understanding of character animation & human motion.
• A broad understanding of the overall VFX workflow and needs/requirements of other departments/disciplines.
• Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule.
• Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines.
• Good communication skills both technically and creatively.