Matchmove Department Lead
Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
The Matchmove Department Lead is responsible for completing senior-level matchmove tasks as well as supporting and reviewing the work of their facility team. They will work closely with the Matchmove project leads and supervisor to ensure they and their facility team provide 3d solutions that precisely recreate the movement & technical aspects of the subject matter. Successful applicants should have the ability to communicate well with neighboring departments, lead a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
• Supports and mentors matchmove artists
• Derives accurate camera and object 3D solutions adhering to all provided camera and subject specifications (focal length, film back, lens distortion, rolling shutter, etc.)
• Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
• Ensures continuity between scenes/shots when working with other Mathmove and Layout artists with the same project, sequence, assets, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Minimum five (5) years in a similar role within the VFX industry for feature film
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience as a show lead
• Firm grasp of 3D tracking principles and toolsets
• Must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists
• Demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
• Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Matchmove & Layout Leads / Supervisors.
• Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule
• Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines
• Aware of overall team deadlines and schedule; communicating with the department production manager and/or coordinator any and all shifts in scheduled dates
• Good communication skills both technically, creatively, verbal, and written
• 3d Equalizer - Advanced
• Maya - Advanced
• Nuke - Intermediate
• Shotgun – Intermediate
• 3d Studio Max – A plus
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.