Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
We currently offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
Scanline VFX, une compagnie de Netflix, est un leader mondial dans l'industrie des effets visuels réparti à travers 7 studios mondialement. Établie il y a plus de 30 ans, nous comptons aujourd'hui plus 1,400 employées dans notre équipe, composée de diverses nationalités. Animé par l'innovation, Eyeline Studios, notre division de production virtuelle, repense la production du cinéma en temps réel en offrant aux créateurs une flexibilité inégalée.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe dynamique de classe mondiale!
Nous offrons actuellement des opportunités de travail hybrides, sur place et à distance.
The Matchmove Artist is responsible for providing high-quality, pixel-accurate 3D camera, and object track solutions for feature films. They work closely with matchmove project leads and supervisors to create 3D solutions that precisely recreate the movement and technical aspects of the subject matter.
• Derives accurate camera and object 3D solutions adhering to all provided camera and subject specifications (focal length, film back, lens distortion, rolling shutter, etc.)
• Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
• Ensures continuity between scenes/shots when working with other Mathmove and Layout artists with the same project, sequence, assets, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in a similar role within the live-action visual effects industry for feature films
• Firm grasp of 3D tracking principles and toolsets
• Great eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
• Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the matchmove and layout leads and supervisors
• Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule
• Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines
• A broad understanding of the overall VFX workflow and needs/requirements of other departments and disciplines
• Good communication skills both technically and creatively
• Team player who excels in a collaborative environment
• 3D Equalizer - Intermediate
• Maya - Intermediate
• Nuke - Basic
• 3ds Max – Beneficial but not required
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.