Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 7/7/2022 12:46:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lookdev Lead jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Lookdev Lead postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
The Surfacing/ Lookdev Artist collaborates with the show side supervision team to help maintain and schedule tasks and assignments while ensuring the artists stay on track and delivers photo-real textures for hard surface and organic models, environments, and hero creature work.
• Creates photorealistic textures, both hand-painted and from set photography to a level of detail necessary for hero CG assets
• Works independently on defined tasks, but in collaboration with artists and supervisors in modeling, shading, and lighting during the look development process
• Leads and mentors a team of artists; offer constructive and support feedback
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in visual effects for live-action feature films or television
• Previous leadership experience
• Hands-on experience using Mari essential, Photoshop, ZBrush, Mudbox a plus
• Working knowledge of Maya necessary, 3ds Max, V-Ray, Nuke a plus
• Clear understanding of color space, shading, lighting, and rendering methodologies
• Familiarity with digital photography
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.