Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Scanline VFX, une compagnie de Netflix, est un leader mondial dans l'industrie des effets visuels réparti à travers 7 studios mondialement. Établie il y a plus de 30 ans, nous comptons aujourd'hui plus 1,400 employées dans notre équipe composée de diverses nationalités. Animé par l'innovation, Eyeline Studios, notre division de production virtuelle, réimagine la production du cinéma en temps réel en offrant aux créateurs une flexibilité inégalée.
The Lead Rigger designs, develops, tests, troubleshoots, maintains, and implements rigs for all aspects for VFX shows. They support studio wide and production project requirements including characters, vehicles, environment and other various aspects. They are responsible for coordination and scheduling of task deliverables. They are capable of balancing complex tasks, and have the ability to organize and automate their workflow. They oversee and mentor junior team members.
• Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed
• Builds/designs advanced characters, creatures, vehicles and props in Maya using in-house tools and pipeline.
• Mentors other members of the rigging team.
• Contributes/develops tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the Rigging department
• Creates documentation and wiki pages to help with artist training and workflow
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Expert knowledge of Creature deformation /puppet rigging technique and knowledge
• 5 years of Rigging experience for high profile VFX/Animation projects
• Expert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Mentor other members of the rigging team
• Strong Python experience
• Eye for detail, initiative and excellent organizational skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability