Scanline VFXLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
We currently offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the Lead Modeler will execute poly modeling skills from creating environments, vehicles, props, and characters to be used in production with an emphasis on photorealism, accuracy, detail, and function. Working with the in-house modeling pipeline, the Modeling Lead is able to solve technical issues independently.
• Creates high-quality models and UVs for use in production; implement improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
• Designs and implements high level conceptual to practical modeling
• Proactively recommends ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues and provides solutions, and escalates as needed
• Maintains a positive relationship with all stakeholder departments; attend meetings as needed
• Works within the defined pipeline
• Ensures continuity and support other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, Generalists, and rigging
• Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum five (5) years of VFX experience modeling photorealistic assets for live-action feature films
• Minimum two (2) years in a leadership role
• Expert in Maya; could teach a class on how to use it and troubleshoot
• Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox. Mari knowledge (a plus)
• Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated ability to take a design from ambiguous to full design implementation
• Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map workflow
• Experience working on creatures, Digi doubles, topology, and blend shapes (preferred)
• Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure the highest quality before handing off assets
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision