Scanline VFXMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
The Lead Lighter collaborates with the show-side supervision team to help maintain and schedule tasks and assignments while ensuring the artists stay on track and delivers high-end photo-realistic CG characters and environments.
• Creates and designs lighting for complex scenes; develops look for assets, animation files, simulations, and effects elements
• Works with supervisors and compositors to ensure that all elements delivered work as needed to achieve the desired look
• Leads and mentors a team of artists; offer constructive and support feedback
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in a field of Digital Arts or equivalent experience
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in visual effects for feature films
• Previous leadership experience
• Proficiency with 3ds Max and VRay preferred, experience with Maya/VRay, Arnold, or other software considered
• Clear understanding of color space, image-based lighting, shading, and advanced rendering methodologies
• Able to multitask and complete tasks within production schedules and tight deadlines in an organized manner
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and responds well to direction and guidance from supervisors
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.