Lead Digital Humans TD
Scanline VFXLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/2/2023 2:45:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Digital Humans TD jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Lead Digital Humans TD postings
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we've grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline's virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
The Lead Digital Humans TD works in the Digital Human Department to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot new digital human workflows for VFX shows and Virtual Production. They are capable of balancing complex tasks and have the ability to organize and automate their workflow.
• Builds and designs new workflows in and out of Maya and in-house tools for advanced digital humans. This may include workflows in motion capture, virtual production, and other software
• Tests and troubleshoots and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Mentors other members of Digital Humans, Lookdev, Rigging, Groom and CFX teamContribute/develop tools, rig modules, workflow, and plugins for VFX and VP departments
• Runs simulations for shot production in VFX and VP workflow; troubleshoots and provides revision based on the feedback from supervisor or client
• Supports pipeline animation principles, timing, and departmental interdependenciesCommunicates and partners with the Digtial Humans, Modelling, Lookdev, Rigging, and CFX department on an ongoing basis regarding updates, changes, and general status updates
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in art and/or engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum four (4) years of rigging and/or CFX experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projectsExpert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies
• Expert knowledge of human deformation and puppet rigging techniquesKnowledge of Groom, Lookdev, Modelling is desirable
• Expert knowledge of MayaStrong Python experience (a plus)Houdini, Ziva, Unreal, XGen experience a plus
• Motion Capture experience (Motion Builder, Faceware) a plus
• Shot finaling experience a plus