Scanline VFXVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Lead Animator is responsible for supervising the process of creating high-quality character, creature, and/or object animations for feature films.
• Supervising the process of creating high quality character, creature and/or object animations for feature films.
• Working closely with supervisors and head of department to identify and solve problems, both technical and artistic.
• Attend and actively participate in show and department related meetings
• Plan and provide estimates/schedules for tasks and shows .
• Plan on the team with the Department manager and forecast any resource needs
• Do daily rounds/reviews with the artists and providing creative solutions
• Communicate client notes to the team.
• Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree/Diploma in animation or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Minimum (4-6) years of experience in a animation lead position on feature films (preferred)
• Knowledge of Maya (required)
• Knowledge of Nuke and3Ds Max (a plus)
• Must have a strong sense of animation basics; acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling
• Previs experience a plus
• A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
• Background or experience in fine arts demonstrating a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and composition
• Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
• Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical problems and escalate as needed
• Coding /scripting experiences in python and or mel (a plus)
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.