Scanline VFXLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Animator is responsible for generating high-quality character, creature, and/or object animation for feature films.
• Works under the direction of the Senior Animators, Supervisors and Leads to create high-quality animation
• Work with Animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
• Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree and/or Diploma in Animation or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
• Minimum of one (1) year VFX production experience for live-action feature films and/or TV series (preferred)
• Knowledge of Maya (required) Nuke, 3Ds Max (a plus)
• Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, weight, timing, and storytelling, as well as staying on model
• Basic understanding of the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
• A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt to the project
• Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
• Basic knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable