I / O Coordinator
Scanline VFXLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
We currently offer offer hybrid, on-site and remote work opportunities.
This position is a combination of an I/O Coordinator and VFX Editor.
The position is the liaison between the client and our production team and is responsible for interpreting, confirming, tracking and distributing information from the client Editorial department. They incorporate all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of sequences and have the ability to create a functioning environment where the VFX Supervisor can evaluate a shot in sequence.
• Manages daily rushes on shoot days via Avid Media Composer for clients
• Wrangles data and organizes Avid projects on shoot days
• Maintains sequence edits and supplies edls to digital imaging
• Edit show-reels, marketing material and internal presentation
• Maintains the production database with line up and count sheet information and verify correct plates and frame ranges are being used by the artists as well as provide information and clarification when needed. Creates and links cameras to the right shots.
• Communicates with client editorial and tracks all stages of the client cuts, internal cuts, and iterations
• Prepares sequence edits for clients when required
• Manages media and project files using a shared storage system
• Monitors disk servers, performs backups/restores, and handles incoming/outgoing data transfers
• Maintains data and asset tracking and prepares incoming/outgoing data transfers
• Collect files from clients and vendors and prepare deliveries back to them.
• Troubleshoot and correct failing tasks.
• Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries and maintains log of all deliveries.
• Technical QA of all masters and digital files, grade conforms and project archiving.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Good AVID Knowledge
• Strong understanding of the VFX process and terminology, LUTS, and color space
• Familiar with shot tracking database systems (Shotgun, a plus), Word, Excel and other productivity software tools
• Knowledge and understanding of codecs, transcoding, and QT formats
• Strong team player with good communication skills
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules